WHAT IS DIVERSION?
If you don't know the answer to this question - you're not alone. Nine out of ten consumers do not know what diversion is. But you probably have witnessed it.
Diversion is when products are sold in "unauthorized" places. For example, only salons are authorized to sell genuine Matrix products. But you might come across a few bottles in your local supermarket, drugstore, online or at a discounter. Salon professional products you find outside of a salon are considered to be "diverted."
WHY DIVERSION IS BAD
Diverted products can be counterfeit, diluted formulas, or old, expired formulas that may not be safe to use. Matrix states on all its advertising, "Genuine Products Guaranteed Only In Salons." This means if you buy our products in a supermarket, drugstore or any other outlet other than a salon, we cannot guarantee that it is an authentic Matrix product that will perform as tested.
Additionally, Matrix products sold outside of salons are typically priced 15% or more than in salon.
ARE YOU IN DANGER?
You could be. Contaminated or counterfeit products could cause irritation or even infection.
WHO IS DIVERTING PRODUCTS?
Products are diverted by unauthorized distributors and salons or their employees, plus other dishonest individuals who see profit in piracy.
WHAT IS MATRIX DOING TO STOP DIVERSION
In order to protect Matrix salons and to ensure that consumers only receive the highest quality Matrix products appropriate for their specific hair needs, Matrix continues in its commitment to aggressively combat diversion:
- A former FBI agent developed the strategies and oversees the implementation of Matrix's anti-diversion program.
- Exclusive product coding is used to track the movement of Matrix products. This is the method for tracing products to industry diverters.
- We’ve terminated over 3,000 diverters and are tracking diverted products with our secondary coding system.
- We’ve installed a new Quality Guarantee Policy exclusively for salon purchases.
- Matrix representatives undertake regular sample buys at unauthorized retail outlets in the U.S. These products are subsequently decoded in an effort to identify diverters.
- Ongoing intelligence procedures uncover diversion schemes, including those involving stores and misuse of the Internet.
- Diversion information can be communicated to Matrix's Security Department by calling the Matrix Hotline at 1-800-503-3997 or by sending us an email.
- We are working together with the L'Oreal Professional Products Division brands to cut diversion
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP STOP DIVERSION
Don't risk it, don't buy it! And tell your friends about the potential danger of diverted products! If you see a Matrix product for sale outside a salon, please Click here to send us an email with the city, state and name of the location where you saw the products. You can also call 800-503-3997 to report diverters. We will conduct a full investigation.